UrbanBeam Up!

The UrbanBeam is up on the ALM-31 and everything works. I tested all bands and the SWR was 1.1:1 on the frequencies it tuned to. I made sure to put the KAT-500 on Standby.

I also got the two 60′ Spiderbeam Fiberglass poles set up with clamps (you have to put rubber and heat shrink tubing on hose clamps and heat the heat shrink tubing with a heat gun. I also took down my 160 / 80 / 30M Inverted L – good bye Top Band!

I’m using the excellent DX Engineering resin guy rings above the clamps and I am using Mastrant guy rope.

Tomorrow I will put the wire inside each vertical. I can’t wait to see how phased verticals on 80M play here at Chez KY6R.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: