That was fun and much simpler than trying to create a multiband matching circuit.
I ended up using refrigerator tubing for the coil. It’s about 4″ in diameter, and 9 turns. The direct line was good for 3.857.5, and the coil let’s me go down to 3.515.
I also have a 1:1 current choke at the input, which means the common mode current will not travel on the feedline, and I shouldn’t see any more amp faults on 80M as I have in the past.
Its been several weeks worth of testing and experimenting, but I am very pleased with the outcome. On a small lot – if you have a good single mono pole solution for the low bands – with a great radial field and a full 1/4 wl up, you will have a great DX Antenna.
Besides 80M, I found that this antenna is excellent on 30M.